Thursday, July 7, 2022

Lavender Field

Lavender is in bloom here! My plein air group went to Lavender by the Bay in Calverton for a morning of sketching. I did two paintings there, and posted the first one as part of the direct watercolor challenge. I love seeing the rows and rows of lavender stretching out before me. Lavender by the Bay now has two locations, this one in Calverton and the first property that we've sketched at before in East Marion. That one gets ridiculously crowded, but I think it is a little more scenic. I just love being surrounded by all the fragrance of the lavender.




 

5 comments:

  1. That must be stunning to see in person! You got the lavender color just right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is amazing to see so much of it in one place.

      Delete
  2. Wow how I wish I could paint alongside of you in such a lovely setting. Is this far from your home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is about a 30 minute ride...but worth it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the lavender. I’ve never been close to a field. You need scratch and smell photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete