Friday, July 22, 2022

Paint Out - Part 2

For my second painting for the South Bay Art Association's plein air paint out, I headed all the way to the end of Beaver Dam Road in Brookhaven.  The scene is of an inlet from the Great South Bay with reeds and trees. I was painting using a small umbrella that hooked on to my chair for shade. I was there early hoping to beat the heat since it was supposed to hit a high in the low 90s. I couldn't move from where I was sitting and couldn't turn around because of the umbrella. I kept hearing splashing sounds behind me. It turns out there were several people behind me baiting their lines (with chicken legs) to catch crabs.




4 comments:

  1. Joan this is so beautiful. It has such a peaceful feel. Love the sky with the deep blue at the top and lovely cloud formation. Thanks too for your sweet thoughts regarding my post about Shelby. Take care friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie. I appreciate your comments. Have a great weekend. I hope it isn't as hot by you.

      Delete
  2. Joan, this is beautiful. Doesn’t look like chicken legs are involved. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thank you. I think the chicken legs must be about as big as the crabs. lol

      Delete