Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Richter's Orchard

 My friend, Susan wanted to go out and paint trees on Sunday so three of us headed over to Richter's Orchard in East Northport. The orchard has apple, cherry and pear trees. There were some trees still in bloom but they had passed their peak. It is a pretty place and with all the trees around in neat rows you feel like you are in another world. The orchard closes from May to I think September. I guess they don't want anyone coming in and messing with the produce while it is growing. Until then their barn is open to purchase some of the different varieties of fruit. The day we were there the barn was already closed. I'll have to stop by in the fall and check it out then.

I did a view of the orchard.


Then I did just one tree in ink with a bit of color.




3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, great to see the beautiful orchard. Your apple tree brings back lots of memories. We had a lone apple tree in our yard when I was a kid. We used to tie our dog there so he wouldn’t follow us as we roamed off to play. My mom would let him go and he would come find us anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it brought back some memories for you, Jo!

      Delete
  2. Joan this looks like a fun spot to sketch. Both your sketches are wonderful. I especially like the one that captures the blooms. Our fruit trees have pretty much lost their blossoms as well. Take care friend and have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete