Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Blowing in the Wind - Part 2

 The decision of which windmills to sketch last weekend was hard. There were really so many interesting ones that I wanted to include.

When I was in Amsterdam many of my sketching friends went to the Zaanse Schans which is a village with quite a few windmills. I missed the side trip because I arrived a day after they went. From the reference photos I'm really sorry I missed going.



Back in the early 70s I did a summer trip with my sister, Fran which included Greece. Among the places we traveled was Mykonos, Greece. I remember seeing the windmills there, but at the time I didn't do any sketching in public. There were so many good locations that I missed.


To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful with the tulips. The one in Greece is so different. I usually think of the southwest USA and the Netherlands for windmills. Obviously they have to be all over the world. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. There were so many interesting ones.

      Delete