Sunday, December 20, 2020

Villa Gabrisa, Positano

 Yesterday the NYC Urban Sketchers went on a virtual trip to Positano and the towns of the Amalfi Coast in Italy. On our first big trip to Italy after I retired Positano was one of our stops. It was a fun town perched on the side of a cliff. Our hotel, Villa Gabrisa was up near the top of the town. We had a huge room with a big balcony overlooking the water. I found my photos from that trip but the one of the view from the balcony wasn't with them. I checked the hotel website and found a photo that looked almost exactly like the view we had. Since it was a small hotel this was probably taken from the next to ours.

As you can see the entire town is on the hillside, which means a lot of walking up and down streets that are steep and snake back and forth. Luckily I was in much better shape to handle the trips up and down to the water.  This was done with watercolors and white gouache on Strathmore tan toned paper.



2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It was a nice place to visit and I sketched while I was there.

      Delete