Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Gaudi's Barcelona

 On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers took a virtual trip to Barcelona to sketch some of Antoni Gaudi's work. In the morning the focus was La Sagrada Familia and the afternoon was Gaudi's Barcelona. I actually visited Barcelona for a day in the early 1970s but don't remember seeing any of his work. I guess I was at that age when partying and shopping in Barcelona was more important. I couldn't join the group in the morning or the afternoon, but wanted to do something for the event. On Sunday evening I finally found a little time to work on these colorful balconies on his Casa Batilo'.



3 comments:

  1. WHen my sister visited Barcelona she told me how colorful everything was. Something I will never see only through photos and painting by you. Keep the virtual sketchings coming.😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilda. I really missed the experience of seeing them in person.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful and colorful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete