Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Trees for Sale

I am always on the lookout for places that have Christmas trees that  are not places I've already sketched. This nursery in East Islip is called Father Nature and I guess I haven't gone there yet because it is along the service road of one of our highways and you have to go past it a ways heading west and then turn around and come back all that distance heading east. I laughed when I got there because it looked like these were the only Christmas trees that were left. They did have wreaths and other seasonal decorations, but their tree selection was small. This lady looked by didn't buy one. 



6 comments:

  1. Joan the tree lot does look pretty bare. I am sure the owner is pleased though. Wonderful sketch friend. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you. Wishing you a Merry Christmas too!

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy your tree lot sketches! And guess what? I can comment on blogs again! No idea what changed, but suddenly I can again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't believe it works for you again. I saw Kate post something about it too. Glad to have you back!

      Delete
  3. A good sketch in spite of there not being many trees. It is nice to actually be able to see the trees at this place - so many tree sellers now have the trees wrapped with cord so you really can't see what the trees look like. Thanks for this as it brings back some good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good and seasonal sketch. Love the colors and style.

    ReplyDelete