Sunday, December 27, 2020

My Tree and Decorations

 As I said in the last post the theme of the week for the NYC Urban Sketchers is light. What do I think of immediately when I think of light and the holidays? Of course...my Christmas tree. I did this as a direct watercolor which means no pencil lines or guide lines.


In the Wet Canvas Scavenger Hunt that ended on Christmas Day, I drew a few of my Christmas ornaments. Many of the ornaments have special meanings or were gifts (some from a long time ago) like this reindeer ornament which was made by my niece, Karen when she was young. She is now in her early 50s. I hope that you have ornaments that are special to you and enjoy looking at them as much as I do.





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your tree and special ornaments! We have a lot of ornaments that were gifts or special in other ways, and I love thinking about who gave them to us or where we bought them (like when traveling).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tree and sketches. Looks like a patchwork tree skirt. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Joan. The reindeer ornament is so much fun and a nice reminder of days gone by.

    ReplyDelete