Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Burano Colors

With all that has been going on with the coronavirus lately I've been seeing so many photos of places I've visited that are being hit so hard by quarantines and restrictions. I didn't get to sketch anything at the rehab facility or outdoors today, so I did the next best thing and worked from a photo that I took in Burano, Italy. The buildings are amazingly colorful and Burano is one of my favorite places.


An another thing being affected by the virus is Jerry's rehab facility. As of tomorrow the NYS Department of Health is not allowing visitors to rehab facilities and nursing homes. I don't know how long the restriction will last, but I am not happy about it. They are not taking into account that many of the patients rely on family members/advocates to monitor and assist with their care. I hope the restrictions do not last.

8 comments:

  1. I will be praying for Jerry and all the people in rehab facilities and nursing homes. It's so sad because, like you said...its the family members and friends who help out with their care, so they're the ones who will be suffering. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. The sketch of Italy is beautiful... Tomorrow I'm having surgery on my left eye.(cataract) so I won't be visiting for about a week. Take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, Hilda. I hope your surgery goes well and that your vision improves!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Joan. Bad news. I hope they relax the restrictions soon. In the meantime your sketch/painting is just lovely. Thinking of you and praying for you both. Hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks so much. Hopefully the restrictions won't be in place for long...the poor guy has a birthday next week.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the lockdown at Jerry's facility, though it doesn't surprise me at all. Many of the retirement communities, nursing facilities, etc. have been in lockdown around here for a while now. It's getting bad everywhere. I hope things improve there soon. Take care, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just hoping it doesn't last too long. For now it is giving me some free time to get things done that I've been neglecting for a while now. Thanks so much...enjoyed all your people.

      Delete
  4. A lovely sketch Joan - It is nice to have photos to fallback on when you can't get out. Too bad about the situation with the rehab facility; hopefully it wont' be for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. He seemed to do OK without me there...but I did call the nurses' station to check on him and spoke to him a few times.

      Delete