Saturday, November 2, 2019

Seatuck Visit

We had a few rainy days recently and I was in Islip to do early voting. Since I was already there I decided to stop at the Seatuck National Wildlife Refuge. I have sketched there several times in the past and when we were there a few months ago I decided I wanted to go back and do a sketch of this room with this couch. My friend, Maureen, works there so I also got to see her while I was there.


When I finished I moved into another room and did a sketch of the view out the window. The property was originally part of the Scully estate and was donated to the Audubon Society who used it as a wildlife sanctuary and nature center. Suffolk County purchased it from Audubon and continues to maintain it as a wildlife preserve and sanctuary.


4 comments:

  1. Joan, such a lovely place and wonderful sketches. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them. Thank you for your comments.

      Delete
  2. A very interesting room and couch - nice job on the painting. There may not have been much wildlife to see and sketch but the fall colours you did are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks so much. It is an interesting spot and fun to sketch there.

      Delete