Monday, November 11, 2019

Concertina Sketchbook Part 2 & Exhibit

Yesterday I went back out to the North Fork along Route 25 with my concertina sketchbook. I saw this yellow barn along the roadway and of course I pulled over to sketch it. I did think yellow was an odd color for a barn and was tempted to change the color...but didn't.


Riding through Mattituck I noticed this taco restaurant but had already passed it. I did a u-turn and went back and parked outside. I was originally attracted to the building but then I saw that airstream on the side and couldn't resist. It looks like the airstream is used in warmer weather as part of the restaurant. I also loved the name of the restaurant..."Mattitaco" for a taco place in Mattituck. lol The sign wasn't in front of the planter. It was higher up on the building, but I wanted to include it.


There are two more pages in the double strip in this sketchbook. I may add an additional strip to give me four more pages so I can keep driving and sketching.

I have an exhibit of 12 of my framed sketches that I did on my trip to Venice back in April. The sketches are in a shop in Patchogue called The Cheese Patch and they will be hanging there for the entire month. Yesterday there was a reception for the show. Here are a few photos.

The painting on the bottom right, of St Mark's Cathedral sold at the reception.






11 comments:

  1. Yes, add another strip! These are such fun! Thank you so much for sharing them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful art works...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your show, Joan! That's a wonderful collection from Venice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could only fit 12 out of about 30 paintings/sketches that I did there...maybe I need to do a second exhibit. lol This place only has a small wall for us to use.

      Delete
  4. Joan your paintings are gorgeous. I am always so amazed at how beautiful and prolific you are with your art. As always I come away so inspired by you and your creativity and faithfulness in practicing daily. Hope you are staying warm - seeing winter is on its way to your part of the world. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments, Debbie. The temp dropped from about 54 this morning to about 33 right now. It is chilly and wet!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful sketches Joan - and yup a yellow barn is strange -lol. I too like the airstream and the fish in the window is super. Good luck with the exhibit- your work is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the solo exhibit. Beautiful. I like the taco truck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your exhibit looked like a success, Joan. So many beautiful paintings... What a treat to those seeing it.... As always, I wish I could have seen them in person... someday! We're close and yet.
    I love the painting of the Airstream and the Mattitaco Restaurant.. the perfect name! lol The airstream brings back memories of when my uncle owned one...very similar to this one.. He took it all over the country and landed in Beaumont, Texas where he stayed for many years.

    ReplyDelete