Thursday, February 1, 2018

30 Day Challenge - Day 1 - Snowy Day

Today begins Leslie Saeta's February "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge so I am posting very early today so I can add it to her blog too. Once again I am participating. In the past I have selected a theme, but this year I haven't. My hope is to do some gouache paintings, some yupo paintings, and some masa paintings instead. Please make sure you've seen my post from the Cradle of Aviation that I posted last night.
This painting was done in plein air with gouache while sitting in my car in Sayville. We had a snowstorm this week and it is fun to capture the snow while it is still on the trees.


8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are doing the challenge too Joan - it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with! I like this piece although with the colour in the leaves it seems like it must have been done back in the fall - lucky you to still have colour in your area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. We do have a few trees that look out of place with the snow.

      Delete
  2. Brave soul taking on the challenge again. This is great and the museum sketches are outstanding. Love seeing them all .. all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jo. You are always rooting for me. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! I'll look forward to 30 days of painting! But wait a second. . . February only has 28! Huh? LOL!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'll be forced to do more than one to hit 30. LOL Thanks, Tina.

      Delete
  4. Well so far I think a winter theme is appropriate. I am thinking you got lots of subjects going on up there? Congrats on doing the challenge again!! like the colors in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelvia, thanks! Don't know if I can keep the winter theme all through he month, unless it snows again. lol

      Delete