Wednesday, February 7, 2018

30 Day Challenge - Day 7 - Jeff

For Day 7 of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge I decided to use gouache for the portrait session I had with my art group this morning. I was happy with the results so even though I hadn't planned to do any portraits for the challenge I'm using this one. Even with the limited colors on my palette I was able to get stronger flesh tones on Jeff. It was nice to be able to go back in with the gouache and get lighter colors for highlights on his face.


Don't forget to check out some of the other paintings for today on Leslie's blog.

Typical of me I finished a bit before the session was over so I did a quick ink brush sketch of Jeff.



4 comments:

  1. So you are fast as well as being a good portraitist. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fast yes....good portratist is up for debate. lol Thanks, Jo.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work Joan. I feel like you are more comfortable with your ink brush works as that piece seems more fluid than the coloured piece but I like them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thank you. I think for the quick piece with the ink brush I'm just not agonizing over every line. It's ink and once the line is there it is done.

      Delete