Thursday, September 17, 2015

House Commission

A friend of mine asked me to do a painting of her aunt's property in upstate NY that she wants to give to her as a gift when her house is finally sold. She sent me photos of the house and barns that were taken by a real estate agency. Then she sent me photos taken by a drone...I don't know about you, but that's the first time I worked from drone photos. LOL  None of the photos included both the house and the barns. I had to do a composite and the only way I could do it was as a panorama. She was happy with the result!


7 comments:

  1. So beautiful Joan! I see why she was pleased with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Hilda's comment. Beautiful, and what a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful painting!!! no wonder she like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love upstate NY. This is beautiful, Joan. She will be so happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, Joan. I congratulate you on being one of very few who have worked from drone photos! It seems all our childhood sci-fi stories are coming true! I certainly like this version of "pen pal" interaction way better than the old way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, she will be really happy when she see's it!

    ReplyDelete