Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Flying Above Cappadocia

The NYC Urban Sketchers virtually visited Cappadocia, Turkey this weekend. Until I read about it in the email I didn't realize what a gem it was or even where Cappadocia was. It is a very interesting place with homes built into the strange rock formations, sometimes 8 levels below ground. One of the biggest tourist attractions is hot air ballooning over the area at sunrise. The photos are spectacular so I can just imagine what the tour is like! 

I've always wanted to go up in a hot air balloon but Jerry would never agree to it. He is worse than I am about keeping his feet firmly on the ground.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, never heard of this place either. Interesting and great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The underground living structures are amazing...even the outdoor ones!

      Delete
  2. It must be a grand experience doing ballooning at this mystical place. What a wonderful sketch!

    ReplyDelete