Wednesday, July 24, 2019

My Neighborhood in Amsterdam




I haven’t ventured too far from my neighborhood to sketch. There is so much right here! The first sketch was done along a nearby canal. The bottom sketch is my apartment and the boat docked outside. My apartment is the first door on the tight with the delft vases in the window. Today it was very hot...about 97 degrees. Luckily there wasn’t much humidity but it still saps your energy. Last night I fell asleep at 8:30 but woke up at 3:30 a.m. and couldn’t go back to sleep. I did stuff on the internet and then went out to take sunrise photos.


6 comments:

  1. It looks like a great area for sketching Joan - a bit of everything! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. I could have sketched around my neighborhood for days.

      Delete
  2. Very nice sketch of your A'dam neighborhood. Sigh...It looks like all of Europe is baking in this heat wave. Will follow your IG feeds. Keep them sketches coming and stay well hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mel. We all did survive the heat.

      Delete
  3. The heat followed you to Amsterdam. Drat…. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I could not do the same here, too tired at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks. Luckily the last few days were better.

      Delete