Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A Seat in the Lavender Field

My plein air group was scheduled to go to Lavender By the Bay in East Marion this morning. Even though I didn't get back from Maine until last night I wasn't missing this great place for painting. I love going out in the huge lavender field and being surrounded by the fragrance. It is a very popular spot...in fact there was another art group painting there today in addition to all the regular customers.
This is my painting from today. I needs a little tweaking before I call it finished. I do like how I was able to capture the softness of the lavender color in the back near the fence. Of course I had to visit their shop and buy some lavender sachets and dried lavender too.


4 comments:

  1. This is great with that surprising chair in the field!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol The chair was a new addition...in fact there were quite a few of them. People come and pose for pictures in the chairs.

      Delete
  2. How lovely! I imagine sitting there would be great.

    ReplyDelete