Thursday, April 25, 2024

Printmaking

It seems like my art groups are getting me involved in printmaking. Last week the South Bay Art Association did gelli prints at our monthly meeting. I haven't done any in a long time so it was fun to play around with them. Luckily I brought my own brayer and some supplies, because the brayers they supplied were soft foam and didn't work well. Some of the members had done gelli prints before but the members who hadn't tried it before were a little lost. There was really no instruction, so I tried to help the members near me who looked lost. It wasn't a really conducive atmosphere to do prints because of the crowd, but we had fun talking and seeing some of the results people got.

Here are the three prints I made.  




Here I am with my creations.



Then last night the Patchogue Sketch Club also did prints. We will be doing some sort of print making for a few weeks. We used styrofoam as a print plate this time, carving into it with a ballpoint pen. People got some interesting designs and most of the prints came out pretty nice. Here is my print and the ghost print. I had to remember that the lettering has to be carved backwards so it will print the right way.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun. I've never tried printing or collage. Bet you didn't know you would be teaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun, and I was glad I could help the people around me a little. But gelli printing requires a lot of experimenting.

      Delete