Sunday, April 14, 2024

Cooper's Beach Views

 Recently I took a ride out to Southampton. In season the beaches there are nearly impossible to go to unless you are a resident. Mere mortals, like myself, are charged $35 or more to park. Needless to say, I do not go there unless it is off-season even though Cooper's Beach is often on the list of the Top 10 Beaches.

It was windy and cold with a somewhat stormy-looking sky so I sat in my mobile studio up by the few parking spots overlooking the beach itself. From my car I couldn't see down to the beach and the water's edge. It looks like there was a lot of erosion from our winter storms.


Here the dunes had a small opening where I could see a bit of one of the beachfront million-dollar houses.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice sketches/paintings. The folks in the million dollar house might like the pair to hang in their winter home!!

    ReplyDelete