Thursday, April 4, 2024

Lifted Up

 

Here on Long Island there have been a lot of houses that have been lifted up due to flooding conditions from the hurricanes and storms we've had in recent years. This house down by the water in Patchogue was lifted up recently. There is a new foundation ready. It will be interesting to check on the progress with this house. I love the steel beams coming through the house and out the sides.


That sketch reminded me of construction. Here's some equipment I came across.




6 comments:

  1. Isn't that interesting how much work need to be done to co-exist with what nature has to offer? I like the construction scenes, too! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is constant work to keep up with Mother Nature, especially here along the water. Thanks for your visit and comments.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've seen it before, but this one looks a little more precarious than the last one I sketched.

      Delete
  3. Amazing look on the house. Not for me! The loader is super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Amazing to see what they were doing...but I'm glad I don't have to be involved.

      Delete