Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Jamesport Country Store

 The Jamesport Country Store is a fixture on the North Fork of Long Island. It has been there for as long as I can remember. I was inside many years ago, and it seemed to have a bit of everything. If it isn't inside it must be in the collection of odd things outside the store, like the bicycle built for two. I've wanted to sketch there for a while but there never seems to be any parking in front. I found a spot recently and sat in my mobile studio long enough to do this entire sketch. A man kept coming back and forth between the store and his old truck, carrying things. I guess he was the owner or manager. After several trips he came over and asked if I was OK or if I needed anything. I showed him what I was doing but he seemed puzzled by that and just walked away. lol



2 comments:

  1. This really made me smile. I mentioned that Gene always wanted me to ride a bike with him. No way!! Nice to see this and all th details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerry suggested renting a bike for two several times when we were on vacation. I refused since I have no sense of balance on a bike. I didn't want him to get hurt.

      Delete