Thursday, March 28, 2024

First Robotics Competition - Sketch 1

Last Friday I joined my friend, Suzala, at the First Robotics Competition that was being held over two days at Hofstra University. Suzala and I sketched there a few years ago and thought it was fun. I still haven't figured out how the competition is scored, but that doesn't affect my enjoyment of sketching it. I was able to sneak into a seating area that I believe was supposed to be for judges, but nobody stopped me and I had a 2nd row seat to what was going on. Most of the teams were from local schools with a few teams from foreign countries. Each team dressed in attire that was somehow connected to their team name. The two people on the left were in cowboy hats, but I don't know what their team name was. I like the uniforms on the referees. The competition moves quickly and teams are on and off the floor fast, so this sketch has bits of assorted activity that was going on. 



4 comments:

  1. That must have been fun to observe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Suzala was busy sketching everything. She's fast and had been asked by one of the teams to sketch the event for them after they saw her sketches the last time we went. She & her husband have a connection to the event.

      Delete
  2. What a different idea and event for sketching. You did super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We've sketched these competitions before. My friend and her husband have been working with the groups for years...since their kids started school and they're now college grads.

      Delete