Friday, November 3, 2023

Textures Everywhere

 It was a damp, drizzly day so I hid under one of the sotoportegos, which are passageways that go underneath a building in Venice. The lighting wasn't too good and the view wasn't the best...but I wasn't getting wet. lol Over the far wall you could glimpse a canopy of some sort. I wonder what it was for.



While I was away I was dabbling a little in Procreate. Most of what I sketched that way was for the Scavenger Hunts on creativespark.art. I did a few things...
like this feather...

and a bit of the living room at the apartment. I don't know why this chair (and its matching partner) were so short. There were several seats that were much smaller than normal.


On the plane from Rome to JFK I pulled out my iPad to sketch. There were two people sitting one row ahead of me and across the aisle. I figured we were on a plane and I had a captive model. I started sketching this guy, but at some point he got up and moved to a different empty seat in front of me, so the sketch never got finished. I'll share it anyway.




This sketch below was for the last scavenger hunt...fruit and a leaf, done after I came home.







1 comment:

  1. The first textured scene is so good. You can see the different textures and you captured distance. I wonder too about the umbrella. Nice digi sketches. Good for you for "studying" and sketching on the iPad!

    ReplyDelete