Saturday, November 4, 2023

Antica Trattoria Poste Vecie

 This restaurant, Antica Trattoria Poste Vecie catches my attention every time I see it. It is right by the Rialto Fish Market so I have passed it, and photographed it many times. I think this was the first time I sketched it. When I posted it on FB my brother (who was in Venice in Sept) posted his photo of it under my sketch. lol To make things more amusing, right before I left for Venice there had been a Hallmark movie about a woman in Venice and in the story her friend's family owns this restaurant and they show it in the movie. lol It just keeps popping up.


One of the items I needed to sketch for the scavenger hunt I was doing at the end of the trip was a child. Most of the time kids don't stay still long enough to sketch them. I was on the vaporetto sketching this scene when a woman happened to come inside carrying her child. There was still a little room on the page so I squeezed the baby in on the right side of the page (and part of the woman too).





4 comments:

  1. Ha, Joan, I think I remember that movie! We've watched most Hallmark movies more than once. Nice sketch/painting. The people sketch is great, love the baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It is funny that this spot keeps popping up.

      Delete
  2. I think I saw the ads for that movie, how fun that your watercolor is of the restaurant in the movie. My hubby and I spent a month in Rome and Florence and did not visit Venice, it would have been nice if we did, such a glorious city.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, thanks. I'm sure you would have enjoyed Venice too.

      Delete