Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Long Island Maritime Museum Fundraiser

A few years ago I participated in a fundraiser for the Long Island Maritime Museum. They had local artists paint on pieces of shingles that had blown off their boathouse during one of our big storms. Right before I left for Venice I was contacted and found out that they were doing another fundraiser. I took some shingles to work on but ran out of time to get them done. I thought I missed the deadline but last week I found out that the fundraiser was going to be held starting this coming weekend. I decided to participate and I did three paintings this time. The largest is 17 1/2 x 4 1/2 (the second one down). The other two are about 11 x 4 each.





Here is some information about the fundraiser. I dropped my pieces off today and some of the wonderful work by the other artist was already on display.






 


4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. They will sell quickly. Lovely donation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. There are a lot of great pieces included.

      Delete
  2. Ooooow these are nice !!

    Nice fundraising initiative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I hope they raise a lot of money.

      Delete