Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Draw-A-Thon

On Saturday the High School of Art and Design held a Draw-A-Thon fundraiser. We had a nice turnout of NYC Urban Sketchers at the event. As in previous years once you pay the admission you are given a wristband which is color coded. One color has access to both rooms and the other is for underage students who cannot enter the "nude" room without a parent. 

I started off sketching in the room with the nude models. There were usually 5 models posing at the same time. One was in the same pose for the entire 9 hours, but a few do much shorter poses. This model started with short 5 minute poses but quickly moved up to 15/20 minute poses.


Then she was joined by another model.



This was the model that held the same position for the entire day. I couldn't pass up sketching her hair
...it was wonderful!


Then I moved to the second room which had costumed models. I got there just in time for a long break for the models so I started sketching the sketchers in front of me. When the models resumed posing I added them.


My friend and I were there from about 10:30 to 4:30. If it wasn't such a long ride home we probably would have stayed until it ended...and joined the pizza party that is held at the end of the day.


5 comments:

  1. This event sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sketches are great. Nice sketching opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It is a change from my landscapes for sure. lol

      Delete
  3. Very nice collection and I just learned something new about the wristband color! It sure was fun and great to see familiar faces at this event.

    ReplyDelete