Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Gowanus 2 & Inktober 2018 Day 2

As I said yesterday the area near the Gowanus Canal is pretty gritty and industrial. There are some buildings that have been abandoned and graffitied. Some of the structures are weathered and worn and have seen better days like this waterpower that doesn't seem like it will be standing much longer.


Yesterday afternoon I met a friend for lunch and parked in a lot by the Bronxville train station. When I got back to my car there was a ticket on the windshield for an expired inspection sticker. I didn't realize that it was due..it was only October 1st. I swear in the past Nissan sent me a reminder, but if they did I must have overlooked it. So this morning I was at Nissan to have the inspection done so I wouldn't get a second ticket. Since I was at Nissan for an oil change a little over a week ago sketching the inside of the waiting room seemed old, so I sketched the view into the showroom this time for my Inktober Day 2 sketch. #inktober #inktober2018


4 comments:

  1. It's fun to look at the cat graffiti and the rickety water tower. No wasted time when you have your sketchbook with you all the time. Waiting isn't an issue, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I never really mind having to wait now...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The watertower and the graffiti sketch is super Joan and I like the show room at the car dealership too. Too bad about the ticket tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. The Gowanus area is so much fun to sketch.

      Delete