Friday, October 26, 2018

Inktober 2018 - Day 26 & "Art Camp"

I was in NJ yesterday and today visiting one of my sisters. Due to our schedules we haven't been able to get together in a long time, so I'm glad we were able to work out two days to visit and create art. Today I sketched the view from her living room window for my Day 26 sketch for Inktober 2018.
#inktober, #inktober2018


Yesterday we went to Abma's Farm in Wycoff, NJ to sketch as part of our "art days" or "art camp." The owner of the farm gave us permission to sketch in the greenhouse that contained the greatest gourds and pumpkins! She kept coming in to see what we were doing and asked if she could take a photo of each of us and post it on their FB page. She posted it with the heading "Art Comes to Abma's Farm!" Here are the photos she took when we were working on our first sketches.



This is the view I was sketching...the "Baby Bumps." They were so ugly that they were beautiful!


I also sketched the goosenecks and Turkish Turbins...all on one page.


Art camp continued today. In addition to the Inktober sketch I did we worked on alcohol ink tiles. My sister hasn't done too many of them and is learning the technique. She wasn't really happy with this one when she finished it but I liked the abstract design a lot.

 

I am doing several arts & craft fairs for the holidays, so I worked on a few alcohol ink tiles that were winter scenes. Hopefully they will sell well.


Then we went off to buy some art supplies to finish up our day before I returned home.


7 comments:

  1. Those "baby bumps" are painted SO beautifully Joan!!!! And I truly think that you wouldn't have a problem selling the tiles... Let me know when and where the Holiday Fairs will be??!
    Maybe I'll finally get to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hilda. I will let you know about the fairs.

      Delete
  2. The gourds are so strange but very eye-catching. Nice sketches Joan. I really like your winter scene tiles. It is nice to have art in common with your sister - a nice way to spend a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks so much. It is fun to have someone to do artwork with. Too bad she doesn't live closer.

      Delete
  3. Oops! I forgot to mention that I really like the inktober sketch - great depth and a super scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gourds/pumpkins are super. Your October Sketches are so nice. I’m smiling ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete