Thursday, October 4, 2018

Beach Day & Inktober 2018 - Day 4

I love having beach days at this time of year and extending the feel of summer into the fall. I headed over to Smith Point Beach. We were lucky with warm temperatures, beautiful skies, and pounding surf...some of my favorite things!


For my Day 4 Inktober 2018 sketch I headed to Week's Yacht Yard (or Boat Yard). I love sketching there because there are boats, cars, buildings, and sometimes people. I used a bit of my Elegant Writer pen to get the bluish shading, my Lamy pen, and a brush pen.
#inktober #inktober2018


10 comments:

  1. Excellent sketches, as always Joan!!! Beautiful figure work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, super work. I like how you use the darks in your windows, etc. Lovely….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beach too, it the boatyard pieces always are my favorites, guess it is because there is so much going on, except when you do,them in winter months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelvia, thank you. I am loving that the beach season has lasted so long.

      Delete
  4. Wow, your weather must be a lot warmer than ours; I have been wearing a winter coat while working in the yard. I like both paintings but especially the boat yard - you do such a nice job on your ink pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr...I am in Maine now and the forecast is for possible frost in the morning. I'm not ready for that. It has been great to have it warmer for so long.

      Delete
  5. I like to hunt for extra details in your sketches, like an easter egg hunt, and I don't want to miss anything. Very nice Boat Yard sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, now that I know that, Mel, I'll have to start hiding things for you to find. lol Thanks.

      Delete