Sunday, June 25, 2017

Beach View

I met friends for foot massages and lunch the other day...again back in Nassau County. By the time we finished it was the beginning of rush hour, so rather than sit in traffic I headed over to Ocean Parkway which runs along a barrier island that is connected to the mainland by bridges. It is a beautiful drive with several beaches along the way. I stopped at one to get a sketch done while I was passing through. This was done on a different watercolor paper than I usually use. This was done on Fluid paper which I found to be a little smoother than what I'm used to.


6 comments:

  1. I like the way the paper took the watercolor, the hues are rich and I know I already mentioned it, I love your brushwork on the foliage. Also the composition is beautiful, how smart to not sit and waist time fighting traffic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Celia. Taking the beach road is very calming as opposed to rush hour traffic...and the views are great.

      Delete
  2. Joan this sketch looks quite lovely with a fresh looseness. Have never tried this paper before. Is it a great deal like Yupo? P.S. that foot massage sounds like a great way to relax. Hope you did. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks. It isn't like yupo...but definitely not as textured as other paper I've worked with.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a super day finishing with a super sketch. A great job with the new paper which is always a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to play with the paper more, Val. I put a pad of it in my beach bag. Thanks.

      Delete