Saturday, April 1, 2017

Early Saturday

Last Saturday I was meeting the NYC Urban Sketchers in the city at 11:00, but of course I went in early. I took the 7:40 train from Ronkonkoma into the city. There were sketching opportunities on the train.



We were meeting at the American Museum of Natural History. It opens at 10:00 and I was there at 9:30. That gave me a little time to do an ink sketch of the building from across Fifth Avenue before I got on the line to get in. I'm glad I was there early because everyone who came at 11:00 ended up waiting on line for about 45 minutes.


Yes, Fake Journal Month started today and I was ready with my first "fake journal" page. You can find Tracy's story here:

7 comments:

  1. Your adventures are intriguing and the sketches keep us along with you. Beautiful. Good luck with the journal. Hope to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. You know me...I keep going.

      Delete
  2. What a super sketch of the entrance to the museum and the statue is just great. Well done, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. I did it without a pencil sketch so it is a little wonky. lol

      Delete
  3. Such great sketches, Joan. I just cannot fathom how you crank out such detail in such a quick time. Been through a couple of your fake journals and you always do such a beautiful job. They always seem so real. Geri, below, looks awesome. A great way to keep one's mind occupied and off the fact people are sketching them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, thanks so much. I've posed for my fellow painters and I know it isn't easy. Reading was a good idea.

      Delete
  4. OMG - how many people have the opportunity to draw a genuine dinosaur - I loved seeing them in other post, but to tackle this building with the statue in front...yikes. great job. You continue to amaze.

    ReplyDelete