Monday, April 24, 2017

Weeping Cherry Tree

Last week my friend and I went to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. We picked a weekday to go, hoping it wouldn't be too crowded. We were wrong because it was a free day. Every mom and little kid imaginable were there as well as all the photographers in Brooklyn. We wanted to paint the cherry blossoms by the Japanese pond and were running out of time. As it was they were past their peak. I found a spot to paint this where I was out of the public masses as much as possible...but later it just got worse. lol


I sketched a few people dining outside while we were waiting for our lunch.


If you have time, please check out what Tracy is up to.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree and the gestures in the people sketch made me smile. You take us on great adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weeping Cherry Tree is so beautiful Joan!!!! I've been going through all of your work... I have missed so much... My arm is healing nicely but won't be painting for awhile.. So I will be enjoying everyone's work. It's nice to be typing with two hands instead of one finger... (Sling is off!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda, it is so good to have you visiting. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. So glad you are able to use two hands. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. I had to chuckle - the best laid plans - lol. You did a super job on the tree in spite of the crowds. and, your people sketches fill me with awe as I once again marvel at how you can do them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, doing this one wasn't so bad but after lunch it was so crazy. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Dear Joan catching up with your previous posts. This cherry tree is lovely and as always the sketches of people is wonderful. Love seeing your world through your paintbrush and drawings.

    ReplyDelete