Monday, March 21, 2016

Oh, No...Snow & Sayville Sketch



This is what I woke up to this morning outside my front door.




Thankfully there was a lot less of it than predicted...maybe about 1 1/2 inches. It covered all the trees, grasses and bushes and looked so pretty. I had a meeting until 11 and was hoping to go out and sketch  the snow, but by that time the sun had melted most of it. lol

This sketch was done last Sunday in Sayville. Saville seems to be my "go to" place and I can usually find something to sketch. I've wanted to sketch this antique shop for a while, but the traffic is usually too busy to sit across the street from it and see anything. For some reason that day the traffic never backed up that far when the light turned red, so I had a fairly good view. The problem was telling what some of the treasures were since a lot of it was in shadow.



4 comments:

  1. Sure is pretty. Nice when it melts fast too.
    Like your painting, Joan You captured the busy-ness of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melting quickly is great, Julie...less of a mess that way. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful, the snow, and your sketch is too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh snow is always lovely. Such a busy little sketch - charming as usual!

    ReplyDelete