Saturday, July 25, 2015

Kayaker

When I was down Blue Point Avenue the other night I also sketched a kayaker who was putting his kayak into the water. This is one of my sketches that is currently on exhibit at the new gallery I have been talking about in Bellport, called the Paper Cup Studio.


Today was the opening of the Paper Cup Studio. Here is LuAnn Thompson, owner in front of the display of paper cups that different artists painted or decorated.


Here I am in front of two of my smaller sketches.


Here is my friend, Susan, in front of two of her sketches of motorcycles.
If you look behind her, one of my sketches is hanging there. It sold today. Yay!!!


Here is a larger version of the one that sold.



8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sale, Joan! Those paper cups sure look cool in the exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the sale, Joan! Love the kayaker painting! You are so blessed to have so many friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post, Joan. I enjoyed seeing the cups hanging on the wall and your painting of the kayak is a happy painting. Love the colors and sense of distance you created. Congrats on the sale - I am sure you will have many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics of you and your paintings. And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Joan on the sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Tina, Sherry, Julie, Polly, and Hilda. I hope the show and the gallery do well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read about this show on the Sketchbook Skool FB page - looks like a fun gallery and a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Kerry. Gina probably posted that. I love sketches so it is nice to have a chance to show them.

    ReplyDelete