Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July

I just finished watching the PBS special "A Capitol Fourth" and sketched a bit through it.
These are tiny...not bigger than 2 x 3.

Kelly O'Hara (from Broadway) was singing patriotic songs.


Patti Labelle came out and belted out a few songs.
(I think I sketched her a little thinner than she is. LOL)


I had to do the fireworks over the capitol.


And in honor of what would have been my mom's 95th birthday today
I'm posting one of my favorite photos of her and me.
Happy Birthday Mom!





6 comments:

  1. Happy 4th, Joan! Love the sweet photo of you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches, Joan! I must say my favorite image today is the one of you and your mom. She was so pretty and what a beautiful baby you were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Tina.

    Sherry, thank you. I have that photo framed at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgoodness Joan....your mom was a beauty and such a precious photo of the two of you! I hope you had a wonderful 4th....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So busy with your photo that I forgot to tell you that your sketches are wonderful..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th to you too. Loved the sketches AND that picture of you and your mom is wonderful. You haven't changed a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete