Monday, April 1, 2013

On Saturday I headed out east on the north fork of Long Island to Jamesport.
I parked next to a flower farm and did two small sketches in my Stillman & Birn Journal.

First I did a display of spring plants.

Next I sketched the building and some of the plants outside.


Today marks the beginning of International Fake Journal Month which was created 
by Roz Stendahl. 
This is the third year I am participating by creating a "fake journal."
My theme this year is an imaginary road trip in a chevy convertible. My character will be stopping at a different location each day...which will be 150 miles or less apart.
The entries will be in a new blog I created which can be found at

(For some reason I can't get the link to work, but if you type in the blog address you should be able to reach it. Just in case I will also post the entries here.)

April 1, 2013

8 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. You will have fun writing this story. It sounds so real already. Look forward to sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative you are. BTW painting at a flower farm would be heaven for me. Lucky you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sketches, especially the flower farm plant sale. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower farm is lovely! look forward to sharing your journal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent sketches of a beautiful town....I look forward to your journal...sounds VERY interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly - Thanks. Doing the fake journal is a lot of fun.

    Lorraine - I am lucky to have so many flower and plant places nearby. Thanks.

    Sherry - Thanks so much.

    Brinda - Thanks. Glad you will follow along.

    Hilda - Thank you. This way I get to sketch lots of different places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your two sketches are very "Springy" looking. I like the display of pansies and tulips. Your fake journal looks like it's coming along great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Joan - this road trip sounds like great fun...can I come along...I will certainly love riding the back seat with the top down. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete