Monday, April 15, 2013

A few weeks ago I attended the BAFFA Chorus performance and while I was sitting in the balcony I sketched the chorus, some people in the audience, and the accompanist at her piano. After the concert I had showed the sketches to several people. One of them asked me if I could do a small painting of the accompanist for a gift. (Shhh!!! don't tell.) In order to do a painting I had to really know what the piano looked like so this took a bit of internet research. Most pianos that are shown are photographed so you either see the side or the key or both. I wanted to try to stay true to the original sketch which was posted on March 25 if you want to look back at it.
Anyway here is the 5 x 7 painting I did from the original sketch.

I am a day behind showing you my fake journal pages. Yesterday's post from the Sketchcrawl was long enough and I didn't want to add the fake journal too. So I will post two days of the fake journal now.

April 14 - Atlanta, GA


April 15 - 






6 comments:

  1. Oh that's a tricky one with all those angles. Beautifully done though especially in the tiny space for such a difficult subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant journal. You are having fun. Hope you are buying momentos on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift for the accompanist! I am finding your fake journal to be a true gift to me! I'm loving vicariously visiting these sites with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan you are taking me places I have never been and making me wistful to put on my traveling shoes. I am so enjoying this road trip!!

    ReplyDelete