Monday, April 15, 2013

A few weeks ago I attended the BAFFA Chorus performance and while I was sitting in the balcony I sketched the chorus, some people in the audience, and the accompanist at her piano. After the concert I had showed the sketches to several people. One of them asked me if I could do a small painting of the accompanist for a gift. (Shhh!!! don't tell.) In order to do a painting I had to really know what the piano looked like so this took a bit of internet research. Most pianos that are shown are photographed so you either see the side or the key or both. I wanted to try to stay true to the original sketch which was posted on March 25 if you want to look back at it.
Anyway here is the 5 x 7 painting I did from the original sketch.

I am a day behind showing you my fake journal pages. Yesterday's post from the Sketchcrawl was long enough and I didn't want to add the fake journal too. So I will post two days of the fake journal now.

April 14 - Atlanta, GA


April 15 - 






6 comments:

  1. Oh that's a tricky one with all those angles. Beautifully done though especially in the tiny space for such a difficult subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant journal. You are having fun. Hope you are buying momentos on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift for the accompanist! I am finding your fake journal to be a true gift to me! I'm loving vicariously visiting these sites with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura, Polly, and Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Laura, Polly, and Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan you are taking me places I have never been and making me wistful to put on my traveling shoes. I am so enjoying this road trip!!

    ReplyDelete