Monday, April 8, 2013

Long Beach, Nissequogue

Nissequogue is named after a native indian tribe on Long Island. It is a very pretty area, part of Smithtown and has lovely spots along the water. Of course, being on Long Island you have to be a resident of the area to park in any of the beach parking lots. Right now it is still possible to park there without a problem. I was there yesterday and planned to sit outside and paint. However when I got there there were such strong winds I thought my car was going to blow away. While I was sitting in my car working on this one of the other aluminum boats blew across the parking lot.
This was done in my Stillman and Birn Journal and is about 4 x 5.

For those who are not aware of it, if you are on Facebook and "like" Stillman & Birn, about once every few months they have a contest and give away one of their journals. I was notified today that I won one of their new Alpha Journals in the latest contest.

Here is the next page in my "fake" journal. I wish I could just give the link to the actual blog, but it doesn't come up as a link when I type the blog address. It is listed on the right and that link works.

April 8 - Virginia Beach




6 comments:

  1. Great little painting Joan. Great job on the bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning an S & B sketchbook! Will look forward to hearing how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite honestly, I am glad you are sharing your fake journal here, Joan. I just read so many blogs already that it is hard to keep up! That last little painting in the fake journal is beautiful! And love the boats, though I am wondering if the owner of the lost aluminum boat will be able to find it...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. David - Thanks so much.

    Tina - Thanks. It will be a while before I get into the new one, but it will be fun to see how it differs from the others.

    Sherry - I'm glad putting it here makes it easier. I don't know who the boats belonged to. There were quite a few scattered around, but only one seemed to be traveling under it's own power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan I am sure enjoying all of your little sketches on your road trip. I am ready anytime for that massage...think I would like those healing stones as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous!! MARVELOUS!!! I so admire the way you capture beach and garden scenes Joan -- you take a complex subject and beautifully render its song!

    ReplyDelete