Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Bouquet

My husband bought me a bouquet of flowers for Easter. I put them in a vase
and tied a purple ribbon around it.
This is about 5 x 7.

My fake journal continues with

April 4 - Baltimore Maryland

This is my first trip to Baltimore and I just love the Inner Harbor. Isn't it great? There are so many spots to explore.

Susan and I decide to spend most of the day at the National Aquarium. She wants to see the upland Tropical Rain Forest first. You can't miss this Scarlet Ibis. He color comes from her diet.

There is an exhibit called "Jellies Invasion: Oceans Out of Balance."
Jellyfish may be creepy washed up on the beach, but they are beautiful when seen under water,

I want to see the Atlantic Puffins on exhibit. They have such great faces.
We saw sharks and many other sea creatures before leaving the aquarium.

You would think we would have had enough of sea creatures...but no! Maryland is famous for steamed crabs, and we are ready for this feast. Hand me my mallet!

Tomorrow we move on to...



11 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful bouquet, Joan! and you painted it perfectly...wonderful colors. We're learning a lot from your fake journal...Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bouquet - flowers are always so special to receive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe how many days of your blog I've missed! (Sick all week and still not at my best.) Love your fake journal and wish I had such an imagination. Maybe I do somewhere. It's been in hiding for quite awhile it seems. Love the little sketches and especially the Amish cart and quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan you are so imaginative. I'm hoping hubby got you flowers for real though... ;-) Really lovely bouquet painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan your work is always a joy to look at, love your Fake Journal, and the spring bouquet if lovely. will you be at the Market Place Show this month. I'll be there, hope to see you and Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Hilda, Lorraine, Sherry, Laura, and Joan!

    Sherry - Sorry you've been sick.

    Laura - Yes, the flowers were real. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like your flower arrangement. The idea of a fake journal is terrific, you can stay at home, but still travel...great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Ann. It is a great way to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Joan - those flowers are beautiful...and I would so love to see those Puffins with you. Happy traveling my friend. Keep safe - watch out for those sharks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie - Thanks. I promise to be careful. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE!!! MERCY, YOU DO PAINT EVEN MORE THAN ME!!! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete