Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day

Sometimes a sketching opportunity knocks you over the head. Yesterday I was driving through Sayville heading over to the arboretum to paint something. Out of the corner of my eye I caught this crowd on the main street. Now could I park and sketch this before the ceremony ended? I quickly found a parking spot, grabbed my chair and supplies and set up across the street. There were a few speeches and prayers said which kept the people still in one spot long enough to sketch some of them. I was able to add color to some of the people before the crowd started to break up. I continued working, adding the buildings in the back and a few more people. I am happy with this.
 
My thanks to all the veterans who have served our country!!!
 


6 comments:

  1. Joan!
    You should be happy with this!
    Bravo!
    A great tribute to our men and women in uniform!
    'Simply the best! Better than all the rest!"
    Good work!
    God bless and save the troops!
    Your art buddy,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Joan! Great painting and a wonderful way to say thank you to our vets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome, Joan! I love how you are inspired by everything you see. I used to be that way and I find now that the inspiration comes less often than it used to. Love this little community piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect painting for Veterans Day!! Wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Joan - this is wonderful...you most certainly should be happy with it. What a great tribute to our men and women in uniform. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day. Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael - Thanks so much.

    Carol - Thanks. You know how some things call out to you.

    Sherry - Thanks!

    Hilda - Thank you.

    Debbie - Thanks.

    ReplyDelete