Sunday, May 28, 2023

Swan River Preserve

 The Patchogue Sketch Club went to Swan River Preserve in Patchogue last week. It was our first scheduled outdoor location for the season. After several days of warm weather, Wednesday turned quite cold. I went prepared with a jacket and a heavy sweatshirt to wear over it. By around 7:30 I was wearing both as well as a winter scarf. If one was in my backpack I would have put on a hat too.

Anyway I sketched down by the tunnel that goes under the Long Island Railroad. That is one of the few places where you can see the water. Most of the foliage is so tall that it blocks the water views. I tend to go back to this spot almost every time we go there to sketch.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that sounded miserably cold! I hope it warms up for you, soon!

    ReplyDelete