Sunday, May 8, 2022

Sweet Tomato and Happy Mother's Day

 I've finally almost caught up on my posts. Sweet Tomato was painted last Sunday when I went to Oyster Bay with my friend, Suzala to paint. I've painted the building before but the people sitting on the bench in front called to me. They looked so content! This is 8 x 10 and it felt good to do something larger than the sketches I've been doing lately.


Right behind us there was a market going on. I wouldn't call it a "farmer's market" because it didn't have any produce that I saw. It was more crafts and things like that. Right next to where I was sitting was a couple selling crocheted items...bears, purses, wreaths, pillows, etc. I sketched their booth. They weren't selling something that would make me pull out my wallet, but they did have some customers and made some sales.


Happy Mother's Day to those of you who are celebrating. Here is one of my favorite photos of my mom and me. It is very hard to find photos of myself solo with my mom. Dad took a lot of photos but they usually had a few of us in one photo...there was very little solo time with 5 of us kids. lol





3 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet photo of you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo of you and your mom. Wow.
    That looks like a restaurant where I would like to eat.

    ReplyDelete