Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Port Jeff for the Holidays

Last week I took a ride up to Port Jefferson to see what I could find that was sketch worthy. Really it is more like where can I park that has a decent view. I was lucky enough to get a fairly good spot on this curvy street that goes down toward the harbor.  Thee were cars parked right in front of me but due to the curve of the street they  didn't block much. I liked that the overhead decorations spanned the street.


I have a holiday art show this weekend with my plein air group. I believe we have about 85 paintings this year. We missed doing it last year due to Covid. I've been working hard to select paintings to hang (6 pieces) as well as assorted sized matted pieces and cards that will also be for sale. It is always a fun event and I really enjoy having friends come to the show. Even if they don't buy anything they get to view some of the work that I've done this year. Wish you were all close enough to stop by.



3 comments:

  1. The street curve gives the sketch a great composition! Have a terrific show -- hope you sell a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Tina, for your comment and good wishes for the show.

      Delete
  2. What a great street you found to paint. Love it! Hope the show goes well, it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete