Sunday, December 12, 2021

The Broken Down Valise

I headed out on the North Fork the other day planning to go shopping at an artist's coop. On the way back I passed through Mattituck, a sort of sleepy little town with a few quaint shops. I was planning to sketch one particular building but couldn't find a place to park where I would have a decent view to sketch. Then I noticed The Broken Down Valise which was right across from a few empty spaces in the Mattituck train station....perfect!!


Today was my plein air group's annual Holiday Exhibit and Sale. It is a two day event and I had been quite busty framing and matting pieces for the show. I had 6 framed pieces and an endless number of matted pieces of various sizes and cards for sale. I am happy to say that I sold two paintings and a lot of cards. It was a fun show to do and great to see people after being in isolation for so long. I didn't take any photos but my friend took quite a few. I'll post some when I get them.


3 comments:

  1. That's all great news and congratulations! There's so much character to these little shops, I love how you captured it in your painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I hate all these strip malls that all look the same. Give me something with character!

      Delete
  2. Oh what fun! I love the name and the building. You always preserve history. I’m smiling.

    ReplyDelete