Saturday, December 11, 2021

Red Truck

 I saw this red truck parked on someone's lawn in Sayville and knew I wanted to sketch it. The problem was that every time I passed by the truck was in shadow and it was impossible to see any of the details of the truck. Afternoons are usually the best time for me to get out and sketch but it wasn't going to work for this truck. So I organized my morning so I was out by 10:30 and the sun was shining on the truck. By noon the shadows were creeping over the truck again, so I was happy I had timed it so well.



4 comments:

  1. Well done! A great plan that yields a very nicely decorated truck painting. This could be a nice holiday card, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. It would make a good card in the future.

      Delete
  2. Another framable sketch use as a card. I’m smiling since it is red.

    ReplyDelete