Thursday, December 23, 2021

Bottle Sketches

 I've been pretty busy lately getting ready for Christmas and I haven't had much time to sketch. I did sketch a few bottles for the Scavenger Hunts on crebativespark.art. Here are a few of them.

The last of my cookies are in the oven right now. I spent most of today making pierogi for tomorrow night's dinner. Even though it will be just Jerry and me for dinner I like having the traditional food that my family always had on Christmas Eve. I've been following a woman who writes a blog about Polish foods and traditions. Her family does 12 dishes on Christmas Eve. It is fun to read about what she makes and see if I recognize anything. My mother's side came from Poland, but my dad's side was from Hungary and we know very little about that side of the family. 

What do you traditionally eat on Christmas Eve?





3 comments:

  1. We don't have family food traditions for Christmas eve, but Greg and I have our own tradition... fancy cheeses, smoked fish and wine while we see a Christmas movie on TV! :-) I saw your pierogi dough on FB... looks like a lot of work! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, love the bottles. Especially the blue one. Wish I could try your pierogis. We have New Mexico Mexican food. Tamales, posole, enchiladas, chile, beans, tortillas, biscochitos and more. Ha. Too much food!

    ReplyDelete