Friday, November 20, 2020

Sketches

 The Patchogue Sketch Club meets on Wednesday nights. Since it gets dark early and this year we can't meet at the library, the group has been getting together on Zoom. Mark, who organizes the group us usually picks the theme and sets up a still life for us. This week we sketched chairs, a simple subject but not so easy. Add to it that the lighting isn't optimum so it is hard to see things clearly. 

First I sketched the chairs in pencil.


Then I sketched it in watercolors.


I also participate in the Scavenger Hunts on Wet Canvas. This was a still life I set up to include a few of the items in the hunt. That wine glass looks a little wonky.





2 comments:

  1. I love the chairs with shadows, a hard subject. And the still life has all I love, red and a handy wine glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. LOL No wine for the handy wine glass.

      Delete