Thursday, November 12, 2020

Twins in Autumn

 Finally we have a bit of color around here on the south shore of Long Island.  I had a busy day on Sunday, but I rushed out around 3:30 knowing that there was only about an hour of light left. If I was lucky the "golden hour" could be great. I knew I needed to sit facing east so the sun would be shining on the side of the trees that were facing me. I ended up down at The Grange, a park nearby that has a lot of open area. I didn't want to be anywhere that would be shading the trees.



8 comments:

  1. Ah Joan you certainly captured the beauty of these twins. Our fall colours have faded and we are seeing more bare branches. Glad you were able to enjoy the autumn color. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky that we finally got some color. I thought I missed it. The rain the last few days may have taken down a lot of the leaves. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Our one little tree with color is losing the leaves already, too. This is a beautiful full of light sketch. I’m smiling, yet again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy I was able to capture this. Thanks, Jo!

      Delete
  3. I love the colors in the fall...it seems we didn’t see too many... at least in Nassau County.
    This time of the year I usually visit Massapequa park preserves..l love the changing of colors there ...the reflections in the water are SO nice. Beautiful piece Joan.....outstanding colors!!!!😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there was/is more color on the north shore than down here. I'm missing the spectacular colors they usually have up in Maine. Maybe next year. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Such lovely colour to see on a day when we have about 10 inches of snow. Super sketch Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. LOL I don't even want to think about snow. Hope that is all for now up there.

      Delete