Monday, November 30, 2020

Small Business Sketch

Here in the USA the Saturday after Thanksgiving is celebrated as "Small Business Saturday." People are encouraged to go out and support the local businesses, and many of them have special sales and offers for customers. I headed over to Sayville where they had a trolley running, musicians performing, and quite a bit of people shopping. Somehow I lucked out and got a parking spot right by this woman's clothing store, Debra Canavan Classics, that had tables of merchandise set up out on the sidewalk. I didn't have to leave the car. It is hard to resist a bargain, so throughout the time I was sketching there was almost always a customer or two browsing. Often their significant other would be standing blocking my view. lol Typical! I am still super cautious about going into stores but did pop into a few that didn't have big crowds. 



4 comments:

  1. a super sketch Joan - great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good place to find something. I like how you handled the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan this is great. You even included the customers wearing masks. Another super sketch documenting this crazy year.

    ReplyDelete