Monday, September 16, 2019

Bracco's Bar

Last Friday I had plans to meet two of my friends for lunch in Freeport. I made sure to get there early enough so that I could look for a sketching spot and do a sketch before meeting them. I drove down Guy Lombardo Drive and this cute outdoor bar area was next to Bracco's Bar. It was a pretty windy day and a bit early for a bar crowd but I liked the Adirondack chairs and tiki huts set up outside in the sand. Luckily I finished just as one of my friends texted me to say she was at the hotel we picked for lunch.


6 comments:

  1. Ah, what fun! Looks like you picked the perfect spot for the perfect sketch!
    And Guy Lombardo Drive - made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. Years ago, Guy Lombardo actually lived in Freeport and played at the bandshell at the beach nearby.

      Delete
  2. Dang, you are just like me... I always arrive at a lunch date or any appointment early enough to make a sketch first! ;-) Great minds...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I always try to go early before meeting non-sketching friends so I don't have to make them wait while I get engrossed in a sketch. It usually works.

      Delete
  3. This is another nice find of a place to sketch. I like the chairs and umbrella. Fun!

    ReplyDelete